Adjunct Faculty: Data Science, Programming, Web Development
Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors and Masters degree programs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, nontraditional university setting.
- Providing a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teaching synchronous or asynchronous seminars as assigned by school or program.
- Development and posting of the class syllabi in the class Message Board.
- Maintaining school-determined virtual office hours per week for each class.
- Ensuring timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Leading message board discussions and engaging students in relevant discussion and coursework.
- Partnering with Academic Advisors to address student concerns.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Delivering mid-term and final grades to the Registrar's Office according to the academic calendar.
- Enforcing student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Attending department and faculty meetings.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the School
- Masters degree in Information Technology or related field from a regionally accredited institution. Doctoral degree preferred.
- Knowledgeable in SQL and relational databases. Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed databases.
- Strong background in statistics (how and when to apply differing statistical tools).
- 3-5 years of current industry experience.
- Experience in course development is preferred.
- Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
Job Functional Area
BU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Purdue University Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer