The Data Engineer, under general direction, will be a senior role including, but not limited to, tasks such as design, architecture, and leadership. We are looking for a highly experienced data engineer that will be responsible for setting up and maintaining our data systems, working with the application development team to meet data flow needs, and development strategies for supporting new products. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and be able to start contributing immediately.
This is a remote position, so candidates throughout the US are welcome to apply.
Qualified Candidates Need:
- S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of professional experience in DBA and software development.
- 3+ years of experience with PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years of Java development
- Familiarity with Linux command line and shell scripting.
- Experience designing and maintaining data warehouses with star and snowflake schemas.
Not required, but would set you apart from the rest:
- Experience with MS SQL.
- Familiarity with Couchbase.
- Cloud deployment experience.
- Familiarity with ETL processes and technologies like Spring Batch and Spring Data Flow.
- Familiarity with ORM technologies like Hibernate.
- HA/DR/BC experience
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Establish standard maintenance, configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting on a variety of data platforms (PostgreSQL, Couchbase, MS SQL, etc.).
- Train staff to handle daily tasks described above.
- Design, implement, and improve monitoring and diagnostic strategies.
- Provide assistance to software development teams to optimize database designs and middleware implementations.
- Develop and implement CI/CD best practices.
- Production and non-production environment support.
- Assist in technical interviews for future hiring needs.
- Backup assurance and strategies.
- Design and implement best practices around security.