DevOps Engineer; Mid-Level
DevOps Engineers are Phase2’s systems architecture, hosting, and high availability gurus. They support the design of technical solutions by implementing scalable, secure, and highly available infrastructures. They are expected to be strong executors of the DevOps mystic arts as well as teach teams to leverage the infrastructure and tooling it provides. Our perfect candidate loves teaching others, documents their work, and has an intrinsic focus on designing sustainable, reusable solutions.
DevOps Engineers operate with a high degree of autonomy and are expected to work collaboratively with tech and project leads to help develop solutions commensurate with both the needs and budgets of those projects. They should have a vibrant interest in the evolution of these technologies and the various providers and services available. While working with project teams, they should always be considering how to standardize and leverage previous work to help promote efficiencies for future solutions.
Continuing education and following our internal technology radar will lend itself to learning bleeding edge technology as well as certifications and further expertise in the established spaces.
- Configuration of Varnish/CDN/Cache layers for websites & APIs
- Environment based Docker builds and deploys
- Managing the configuration of systems using tools like Ansible
- Configuration of and training on monitoring systems, logging, and software
- Maintenance of CI/CD process with security/bug updates
- Perform root cause analysis and deliver detailed documentation on significant incidents
- Maintain enterprise systems running on a variety of enterprise operating systems such as Ubuntu Linux and Windows Server
- 2+ years in a Linux environment
- 2+ years of production application support
- 1+ year of remote work experience
- Entry-level exposure to AWS
- Experience with the components of a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) or LEMP (Linux, NGINX, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Experience with network and server diagnostic, monitoring tools
- Entry Understanding of CI/CD processes
- Excellent understanding of how to create graphs and document processes.
- Very capable of communicating difficult concepts to stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of industry standards like PCI/HIPPA/PII
More about Phase2
We compete for the best talent and our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefit package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 115 employees in our New York, DC, San Francisco, Portland OR and “everywhere” offices.
Phase2 Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Phase2 Technology participates in E-Verify