Director of Data & Platform Engineering
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Director of Data & Platform Engineering to help us shape and maintain the teams in charge of all our data engineering, science, and analysis, our API, and all Engineering Support services. This senior management position reports directly to our VP of Engineering and exerts a significant amount of impact on the overall success of our team.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 6 years of experience
- You have held a senior leadership role in a team of 50–80 engineers (or slightly larger), with direct and indirect responsibility over at least 20–30, with a significant remote component. You must currently be managing no less than 10 engineers minimum. You will also be overseeing Tech Leads.
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have experience dealing with APIs, services, and data at scale, processing and transforming hundreds of millions of transactions and data points on any given day.
- You enjoy managing each team and project at the right level of detail, providing support and guidance without being afraid to get your hands dirty from time to time (you can still code if you need to).
- You have a proven track record of growing engineering teams through great hires, fostering the creation of a harmonious culture, and finding the right intersection between expediency and best practice.
- You’re a great mentor, and enjoy helping other engineers grow and realize their full potential.
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!
Back to jobs