Performance Engineer - 100% Remote USA
The Software Performance Engineer will champion performance engineering in the Nexus Repository Manager product team. This is a lead role for the discipline for the product, working collaboratively with multiple development teams within the product area. This role will be instrumental in influencing our engineering practices to account for performance across the life cycle and enabling continued increases in the performance of the product.
The ideal candidate is one who has the ability and experience to act as a technical product owner, to understand customer needs, define and model performance requirements. The candidate also possesses strong software development skills to lead or contribute to the development of performance testing infrastructure, tests, reporting capabilities, and provides input into solutions to drive performance improvements.
- Ability and experience in modeling application performance requirements (capacity, scalability, resiliency), including distributed deployment scenarios. Experience or skills measuring the development process performance with jmeter or gatlin.
- Ability and experience in designing and developing performance and automation solutions in a continuous integration environment.
- Experience testing and tuning applications, creating repeatable experiments; analyzing results and identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Define metrics to measure product and build performance and help teams to improve on the metrics.
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance resources and make suggestions and/ or fix issues
- Strong development experience with the Java stack and web-based database-driven applications.
- Strong understanding of application architectures.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of engaging technical and business stakeholders.
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication and collaboration tools (e.g. Slack, video conferencing, wikis, GitHub, etc).
- Have a strong bias for making things happen and love the team aspect of product development.
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Canada, Colombia, or the United States of America and are currently residing in the corresponding country.
- Knowledge and experience of continuous delivery, including automated performance testing, containerization, automation of infrastructure provisioning and deployment, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of relational and nonrelational databases.
- Experience developing applications deployed in Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience driving performance engineering in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working in a remote environment.
- Experience working with Scala.
Back to jobs