Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries.
Employee Sub-Group: Regular FT Salaried
Location: Work from Home , Any
Position Title: Senior Web Developer
We are looking for a highly technical, proactive lead, showing resourcefulness and the ability to work through challenging problems to join our global operations as part of the Managed Service team providing services to one of our major client.
The team provides a range of Creative and Tools and Tech services ranging in size and in technical complexity. The Web Developer will be attending kickoff calls, proving technical insight, gathering technical requirements as well as scoping and quoting for the technical pieces of projects. This roll will then work with a team of developers to complete work to an exceptionally high standard in a time sensitive and fast paced environment.
As an experienced Web Developer you will want to grow and be part of talented team of developers, reporting into and working alongside the Tools and Tech Service Lead. You'll support with all technical initiatives, act as the tech department's point of contact, lead the developers, and ensure overall technical excellence.
Technical excellence: You'll be a hands-on developer and play a leading role acting as the technical SME on projects, you'll own the technical requirements gathering, technical design as well as project delivery. You'll help the team with quality and will assume ownership of overall deliverables.
Project planning and prioritization: You'll help the team focus on the needs of our customers. By understanding those needs you'll help them determine which projects will be most impactful, and by defining project scope, you'll help them prioritise and manage their work.
Technical Innovation, improvements and documentation:
- Develop and own technical documentation.
- Responsible for external technical communications.
- Be the champion in driving technical innovation by experimenting with and trying new and unconventional solutions. Look at solving problems in an intelligent way.
Required Technical Skills:
- At least 6 years of experience of working in a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable being client facing at times
- Lead projects from a technical perspective
- Excellent at scoping and quoting technical parts of a project
- The ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and to translate technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Able to multi-task, juggle multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and keen on delivering excellent quality
- Highly organized with the ability to organize and prioritize own work and the developers' work
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Able to spot improvement areas to implement fixes/changes to resolve
- Experience developing and documentation processes
- Passionate about technology and stays on top of emerging technologies
- An innovator who wants to grow individually as well as developing the team and processes
- Ideal candidate will be a MEAN stack developer
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Frequent use of bundling applications such as Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, and Parcel
- Proficient with server-side languages and frameworks such as PHP and Node.js
- SEO best practices and web analytics
- Comfortable with client consumption APIs such as RESTful, cURL, and SOAP
- Strong understanding of web information architecture and user experience best practices
- Good experience in web usability best practices & user-centered interface design
- Understanding of latest web technology trends, including the social network tools
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Knowledge of content management and document repository systems
- Confident user of both Microsoft and Adobe suite
- Experience using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a preferred
- Experience using Project Management Software (MS Project, Basecamp, Workfront)
- Experience working within Brand Guidelines (Style, usability)
- Experience using Web 2.0 collaborative and social media technologies including RSS, Wikis, Discussion Forums, Video Collaboration and Podcasts.