Senior Field Applications Engineer
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Want to feel like you make a difference in your job?
Is the favorite part of your job solving tough problems?
Do you love to understand how things work?
Is talking with other engineers about cutting edge technologies what you would consider a great day?
If so, then a Field Application Engineer (FAE) role at Maxim is the perfect opportunity for you.
As an integral member of Maxim’s Field Applications Team, you will work with our Account Executives, and Product Line teams to discover new sales opportunities and provide technical application support for all of Maxim’s products. You will be responsible for designing Maxim’s portfolio of analog, mixed-signal, power, and digital products into Customers’ applications, and for meeting year-over-year design win and revenue growth objectives for your region.
- Provide the customer with detailed product information and design tools such as data sheets, samples, demo boards, application notes, and product seminars.
- Provide customers with in-depth design assistance with collaboration from the Business Units to help support specific product/system design efforts.
- Review teardown reports, perform engineering analysis and study customer literature to develop full understanding of the customers’ applications and product architecture.
- Champion the customer needs and work with the Business Units and other applications colleagues to develop competitive and creative technical solutions via reference designs and New Product Idea submissions.
- Work with the customers’ key technical decision makers to get Maxim’s products designed into customers’ development projects.
- Document customer design activities using Maxim’s CRM tools.
- Develop and maintain detailed project and system block diagrams.
- Be aware of the size and nature of the business at the assigned account and participate in developing the account penetration strategy.
- Understand the competitive landscape and continuously work on differentiating Maxim’s solutions.
- Manage multiple projects and follow up on various tasks to ensure timely support and execution.
- Ensure clear and accurate external and internal reporting and communication.
Strong academic and technical background in electrical engineering. At minimum a BSEE is required, and an MSEE is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related electrical design or semiconductor applications engineering.
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks, to plan and prepare for customer meetings in advance and to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Able to lead in-depth technical discussions and to present technical features and benefits of our products.
- Self-motivated team player and learner who is able to take direction enthusiastically and keeps current on new technologies and products
- Effective presenter and communicator, with the ability to ask questions appropriately, be a good listener and record accurate meeting notes and actions.
- Timely with external and internal responses, assigned action item follow-up and project documentation.
- The ideal candidate has a fairly broad design background. This candidate has done designs that implement power conversion, signal chain, communication and microcontroller products. Other desired skills include:
- Experience with ARM based embedded processors
- Experience in embedded programming / strong coding skills
- Experience using SDKs and high-level APIs for software design and implementation
- Experience in security and encryption
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Percentage of Travel
10% - 25%
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available
Back to jobs