At Crowd Favorite, our culture, our process, and our clients are vital parts of the work. When you join our team, you’ll quickly realize this isn’t like other jobs. It’s a transformative experience. Good developers can create code that solves a problem. Great developers can also communicate why that code solves a problem, how it does it, and how to implement it.
- Effective in communicating with team members and has experience using email, Slack and multiple communication channels
- Comfortable and productive working in a distributed team environment and has prior experience as a remote employee
- Comfortable working in an agency and client-services-focused environment
- Understands while you are not an Army of One, you are responsible for work assigned to you
- Experienced creating performant PHP/JS Open Source solutions
- Experienced creating quality solutions for WordPress websites
- Understands issues faced by websites that operate at scale
- Understands Web Accessibility
- Able to test solutions using tools such as CodeCept, Behat, Mocha, and others
- Understands that everything has a next step and looks ahead, thinking about the next person who touches the code, document, or trouble ticket
- Experienced using tools for distributed teams, such as Git, Github, Composer, CircleCI
This is a development position, so code is involved.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Be ready to review some examples of effective solutions that you created.
- Be ready to discuss them, to talk about them. Walk us through your thought processes. What worked, what didn’t work, etc.
- Be ready to talk about how long it took to create the solutions. How off was the time it took from the original estimate?
The Autonomy. We’re not looking for order-followers. You’ll be given responsibility and flexibility to make your own decisions.
The Balance . Crowd Favorite isn’t a boiler room. We’d generally rather you work effectively and take time to recharge.
The Favoriteers. You’ll be part of a real team. We’re a tight-knit group that respects and supports each other. You’ll know your team has your back - one for all and all for one!
Is Crowd Favorite the right place for you? If you’re interested in joining our team, get in touch! We look forward to getting to know you.