WalletHub is one of the leading personal finance destinations in the US and rapidly growing. We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Systems Administrator for a full-time, permanent position.
You are the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
- 10+ years of total work experience
- 3+ years of experience in supporting AWS based production infrastructure
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience administering UNIX/Linux server required or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with Apache, Tomcat and any other Java application servers and relational database servers like MySQL (LAMP experience is highly preferred)
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, tripwire, aide etc and other custom monitoring tools.
- Experience with configuring and securing mission-critical production servers
- Experience with configuring load balancers and data
- Experience in Shell Scripting or Perl, with experience implementing automation and monitoring using shell scripting
- Experience in analysis and system performance tuning
- Critical thinking skills in a complex IT environment to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems without direction
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work hard (50 hrs per week)
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure and be the on-call for production servers
- Develop security monitoring and other tools to ensure the integrity and availability of our applications, server resources, reviewing system and application logs
- Work with the incident team to diagnose and recover from hardware or software failures working with or as the Incident Commander to coordinate and communicate with our internal customers
- Assist project teams with technical issues during development efforts
- Gather system requirements and support several project teams in evolving, testing and rolling-out new products and services, then transitioning the site or product to post launch operations activities throughout life of the product or service
- Work with the application development team and other systems engineers to make improvements to current infrastructure
- Document processes and procedures and follow a formal change management procedure
- Very competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications
- Potential for stock options after the first year
- Raise and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
This position requires candidates to be living in the US. The position can be performed remotely if you don't live in the Washington, D.C. area.
Although we appreciate your interest in working with us, due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
More about WalletHub
WalletHub is a high-growth fintech company based in Washington, DC that is looking for talented, hard-working individuals to help us reshape personal finance. More specifically, we are harnessing the power of data analytics and artificial intelligence to build the brain of a smart financial advisor, whose services we’re offering to everyone for free. The WalletHub brain enables users to make better financial decisions in a fraction of the time with three unique features:
1) Customized Credit-Improvement Tips: WalletHub identifies improvement opportunities and guides you through the necessary corrections.
2) Personalized Money-Saving Advice: WalletHub’s savings brain constantly scours the market for load-lightening opportunities, bringing you only the best deals.
3) Wallet Surveillance: Personal finance isn’t as scary with 24/7 credit monitoring providing backup, notifying you of important credit-report changes.
In addition to the valuable intelligence the brain provides, WalletHub is the first and only service to offer free credit scores and full credit reports that are updated on a daily basis absent of user interaction, rather than weekly or monthly and only when a user logs in. Some other services hang their hats on free credit scores and reports, yet they’re still inferior to what WalletHub considers minor pieces to a much larger puzzle.