Position: Technical Deployment Engineer
Department: Global Deployments – Technical Deployments
Job Type: Full time/Contract
Reports to: Director, Configuration Management
The Technical Deployment Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and testing the HSIA / VOD Access Server and visitor based networking equipment remotely with assistance from a 3rd Party Resource onsite. As well, this position will be responsible for all aspects required to get a network up and running along with all testing and training.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot networking equipment.
- Install and configure GuestTek solutions and equipment.
- Perform hotel staff training for GuestTek solutions.
- Document installation and testing results.
- Work under the guidance of the Project Manager to complete various projects.
- Report any customer and installation issues.
- Represent Guest-tek and ensure customer satisfaction with Guest-tek products and services.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven analytical skills and excellent problem-solving attitude and skills to resolve technical issues.
- Effective communicator
- Possess a degree in Applied Information Technology from a technical College or equivalent.
- Preference would be given to individuals with CCNA.
- Advanced knowledge of switches, Ethernet, Internet connection methods, and networking.
- Advanced working knowledge of Linux, Switched, DSL, and WiFi networking equipment.
- Cabling knowledge is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a valid Passport, and be able to travel overseas in case travel is required.
- Preference would be given to bilingual applicants.
- This position may require some travel, but most of the time will be spent in the office.
- This position can be very demanding, both physically and mentally. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, under tight deadlines.
- This position requires working with both technical and non-technical people, and effective communication is a must.