DevOps Consultant - Remote - U.S.A.
Position: DevOps Consultant
Location: Remote Nationwide
World Wide Technology Application Services has an opportunity for a DevOps Consultant. You will be responsible for spreading knowledge, ideas and applied implementation skills needed to improve software delivery and runtime performance. You will be responsible for ensuring that the customer understands the delivery requirements and takes a collaborative approach for the entire Software Development Lifecycle. This includes active involvement in building software delivery and testing pipelines along with automated provisioning of infrastructure. In addition to technical skills, you will also be a crucial mentor for teams through their Agile/DevOps journey.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- 5+ years of experience in configuring and managing software/infrastructure deployments
- Experience working with server virtualization, IaaS, PaaS and cloud environments
- In-depth understanding of DevOps principles, practices and tools
- Experience with containerization, orchestration, monitoring and metric technologies
- Robust knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Strong mentorship and presentation skills, comfortable working with clients
- Proficiency in managing Linux and Windows systems
- High attention to detail and able to solve complex challenges
- Experience with deployment automation and orchestration
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems
- Interest in Agile, Extreme Programming, Lean and Kanban
- Ability to context-switch between multiple projects, codebases and concepts with ease
- Assist clients in building and adopting software delivery tools to accelerate their DevOps growth
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing architecture
- Be a servant leader by providing technical guidance, DevOps mentorship and bridging silos between teams
- Travel 40-60% of the work week
- Ability to give and receive Feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one-on-one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
Back to jobs