Head of Support
Located in London or remote up to UTC +/- 2
Why join us?
We want to do data right, and we are focused on the emerging new customer segment of the data team. We are on a mission to provide enterprise companies with the best data possible so that they can do strategic transformations using data. We deeply care about the quality, meaning, ownership and governance of data.
We do this through our Snowplow intelligent data platform, our passionate people and simple processes. We want to enable customers to track any event data; ask any question of that data and use any tool you want to answer it with.
It’s a hugely exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with over 150 customers, from startups up to major enterprises; Snowplow is growing fast, having recently closed its Series A fundraising with MMC Ventures.
To support us in significantly scaling up our customer base, we are now looking for a Head of Support to join our Customer Office, reporting into the VP Customer to manage and further build out the technical support function at Snowplow.
As the Head of Support, you’ll fully own our best-in-class 24/7 support function, leading our cross-functional team of L1 to L3 support specialists. You’ll build on our reputation for high-quality, responsive and technically-sophisticated support as we rapidly scale up our business and reach further into the enterprise segment.
We’re an ambitious, enthusiastic team and are looking for an experienced support leader who shares our belief that peerless customer support is a core engine room of any successful enterprise software vendor.
What you’ll be doing
- Own and evolve our Support function and team, initially managing and coaching five line reports (our Support Engineers) with a remit to build the team out further.
- Acquire and maintain a strong understanding of Snowplow’s product and the value it delivers to customers.
- Manage support resources to maintain and extend service availability while achieving key support KPIs such as SLA/SLO targets and NPS.
- Be accountable for the management, mentoring and career development of all support specificalists, conducting performance review and one to one meetings.
- Lead the hiring process to acquire new support resources based on capacity analysis and support expansion plans globally.
- Drive continuous service improvement initiatives (e.g. automation) to protect our gross margin without impacting QoS as we scale.
- Review Red and Amber accounts status and the trend of incidents to analyse and identify root causes and go-green plans for major incidents and escalations.
-Design an all-competencies training program for the Support function, taking ownership of the personal development of each support specialist.
-Supervise and improve the allocation of support specialists to complex data workflow and technical infrastructure tasks (L2/L3) for our customers.
- Work closely with Customer Success to create and maintain an enterprise-grade experience across all touch-points of the customer lifecycle.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to ensure alignment on priorities as well as ongoing communication and updates to active escalations.
We’d love to hear from you if
- The idea of working for a growing software startup excites you.
- You have 2+ years of leading a cross-functional team of L1 to L3 support specialists delivering 24/7 support.
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams, ideally structured in a follow-the-sun model.
- You have strong customer relationship skills, covering enterprise and corporate accounts, and commercial acumen.
- You have detailed knowledge and understanding of Incident, Problem and Service Request management processes.
- You are an excellent communicator who can build strong relationships with other internal stakeholders.
- You have the ability to digest complex technical information quickly and formulate this into a comprehensive and succinct format.
- Proactive solution oriented problem-solving skills and project management experience.
- You are adaptable and don’t mind working in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment.
- Bonus if you have ITIL and/or PMP certifications, but not a showstopper if you don’t
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive package based on experience, including share options 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15
- Two fantastic company Away-Weeks in a different European city each year (last one was in Bratislava in November 2019)
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- Enjoy fun events in and around London organised by our Cultural Work Committee
- Learn to code or improve your existing skills with our Software Development Guild
- Convenient location in central London (Liverpool Street)
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.