Thycotic is looking for a Performance Engineer to lead, create, configure, and execute performance testing of Thycotic’s commercial software products, as well as working with the rest of the development team to improve product performance over time.
This can be a remote/telecommute position for the right candidate. U.S. Citizens/Green Cards and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor currently.
Reports to the VP, Software Operations.
- Plan and design performance, stress, and load test cases for commercial security software based primarily on input from enterprise customers and prospects
- Collaborate with Development, QA, support and sales teams to identify performance objectives, use cases, and test priorities
- Plan and design high volume, scalable lab configurations needed to execute performance tests
- Design and code simulators, scripts, and API-based performance tests for rapid and repeatable performance testing
- Develop a technical understanding of the Thycotic product architecture, workflow, and data sets to create meaningful and efficient performance tests
- Develop an automated, repeatable, and scalable performance test process to verify software releases meet performance SLAs
- Produce both technical and non-technical performance test reports used for product configuration, sizing, capacity planning, and cost analysis
- Verbally communicate performance test results internally and externally
- Document performance plans, tests, and configurations, and test results in clear and concise language
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend and deploy performance test tools and frameworks for efficient performance testing
- Analyze software processing bottlenecks and slowdowns to identify, document, and implement software revisions needed for performance improvements
- Familiar with Agile/Sprint development methodology and artifacts
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of full-time work experience developing and executing performance tests in a software lab environment
- 5+ years API-based coding, SQL and scripting skills
- Able to read and write C#
- Comfortable with PowerShell
- Experience with configuring complex, secure, multi-server environments that leverage SQL Server databases, IIS, and load balancers
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Ability to rapidly get up to speed on complex software products and environments
- Proactive ability to document test plans and test environments
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including Windows Server
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases
WHY WORK AT THYCOTIC?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was awarded “Best Places to Work” in 2019 in recognition of the hands-on experience and growth opportunities available here, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.