As a Ruby Architect with OutMatch, you will design the software architecture for Web-based and Mobile friendly SaaS applications built primarily on a Ruby-on-Rails-based technology. You will have the opportunity to be part of a world-class architecture team which is chartered with architecting and designing our next generation products, by maintaining high standards of architecture and design principles, establishing best-in-class patterns and practices, and leading small agile development teams in the implementation of the architecture you designed!
What You’ll Do:
- Design the software architecture for service-oriented web-based and Mobile web-based SaaS applications using a technology stack made primarily of ReactJs, Ruby-on-Rails, and MongoDB.
- Participate in the establishment of architecture and design patterns and best practices as part of the OutMatch software architecture team.
- Mentor tech leads and other developers in establishing and applying best-in-class practices for design, coding, continuous integration, and code deployments through design sessions, code reviews, knowledge shares, and technical oversight during sprints.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle of applications and features by helping small agile development teams navigate requirements, testing and performance testing, technical vision implementation and bug troubleshooting and resolution.
- Evaluate third party software and components for adoption into the Outmatch Platform.
- Engage with the entire IT organization in the continuous improvement of the full SDLC and DevOps tools and processes.
- Solve complex technical problems and design state-of-the-art solutions to address these problems.
- Have the opportunity to learn other technology stacks,
… and most importantly, you will immerse into a culture of collaboration, contribution, and fun!
What You’ll Need:
- 2-3+ years’ experience architecting and designing web-based and service-oriented applications (REST).
- 5+ years of strong experience implementing solutions with Ruby-on-Rails.
- Strong understanding of database design and concepts. Experience with MongoDB a plus.
- Strong understanding of the philosophy and purpose of MVVM front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.) and when and how to use them.
- Strong abstract & conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented and object-centered design and programming.
- Experience with devOps concepts and continuous integration tools including setting up builds and deployments to web and database servers.
- Solid understanding of database design, implementation and interaction from code.
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with video recording and streaming a plus.
- Experience working with remote/offshore team members a plus.
What You'll Get:
- A solid, experienced management team
- A comprehensive training program that enables you to be successful, quickly
- A clear path for career growth in our industry-leading organization
- A world-class product with an elegant user interface that empowers our clients to positively impact their business results
- A competitive base salary and great incentive program
- Monthly connectivity allowance
- A new, state-of-the-art office with free parking and fitness center
- Discretionary paid time off. When you need it, take it
- Business casual dress
- We pay 100% of our employee’s medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Option Program
Voted one of Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, OutMatch is transforming the world of work by helping great companies like Adidas, Panera Bread, American Airlines and HCA match people with purpose. Our software predicts employee success on the job and measures fit with a company’s unique CultureDNA™, so companies hire the right people—the absolute best match—and develop them into premier employees who drive improved customer satisfaction and increased revenue.
Apply today to join a dynamic team dedicated to matching people with purpose!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.