The Software Quality Testing Engineer 2 thoroughly evaluates the software products according to the business standards or function requirements. The Software Quality Testing Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Software Quality Testing Engineer 2 will be completing User Acceptance Testing for our applications supported by Enterprise Shared Services (ESS); specifically, for IVR. The Engineer 2 isolates, reproduces, and tracks defects and verifies fixes. Develops test data and procedures for ensuring the software products meet organization standards and end-user requirements. Very familiar with the software development cycle and quality assurance methodologies. The ideal candidate understands automation tools used to complete regression testing of the legacy and new IVR. They can make decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed and follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Complete test plans and test strategy using Design documentation and user story acceptance criteria
- Create and execute test cases using testing tools such as qTest.
- Participate in daily standups, backlog grooming sessions, and other test meetings as assigned
- Analyzes data and request appropriate data using Humana standards for testing in lower environments and production.
- Complete testing in both lower environments and production as needed.
- Collaborate with other lines of business testers, product owners, and business SMEs to understand testing impacts/scope.
- Deliver on time test results and resolve all defect before production rollout to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in IT Analytics
- 2+ years of technical experience
- Understanding business requirements
- High attention to detail and ability to prioritize task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional departments and/or leaders
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous healthcare industry experience
- Previous technical experience with IVR
- Familiarity with data in relation to quality testing
Only persons with authorization to work permanently in the U.S. need apply. EEO .
Work at Home/Remote Requirements
- Must ensure designated work area is free from distractions during work hours and virtual meeting
- Must provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance of is required
- Must be able to work Eastern Standard business hours
- Occasional Overnight and weekend testing support required for urgent business needs or overnight turns
Scheduled Weekly Hours