We have an exciting opportunity for a WebLogic Application Integrator to join our team. This person is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in WebLogic and will provide project planning and technical support to the application developers and application business owners. This resource will be the primary point of contact for WebLogic Product throughout the application life cycle. In this role, the individual will ensure WebLogic readiness compliance; propose architectural solutions to support WebLogic requirements for high availability, reliability, security, etc.; work with clients to develop and update migration project schedules and provide appropriate communications. Must be willing to handle complexity and troubleshoot various technical scenarios on various software platforms. This position requires off-hours and regular weekend support.
- Employee will continue support through new contract period ending in 12/31/2022.
- 90 day temp to perm position
- Position is remote work from home within the continental US
- On-call and weekend work is expected.
- Travel to customer sites to support significant releases/projects is expected 2 to 3 times a year.
- A third party assessment test will be required as determined by our client prior to onboarding.
- 5 years of WebLogic architecture experience including design, administration, configuration and integration with COTS products.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in WebLogic product support.
- At least 5 years of application instrumentation systems design, deployment, and support experience
- Must have strong administration support skills in WebLogic product support in an UNIX (Solaris/Linux) environment, and strong communication and documentation skills.
- Be able to lead and coordinate the design, development, implementation and support of specialized business and technical information technology solutions.
- Experience in integrating and deploying applications on WebLogic in a shared hosting environment Java and J2EE (5 years).
o XML and Web Services.
o Experience in Performance Tuning Applications.
o Web infrastructure build and deployment.
- Working knowledge of production Web hosting environments is required UNIX and Shell Scripting.
- Strong knowledge of Solaris 11 administration.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP and HTTPS.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of other Internet protocols (e.g., DNS, LDAP, Telnet, SMTP, SNMP).
- Knowledge of Perl, Korn, or Jython.
- Strong knowledge of a web products (OHS).
- Experience in installing, clustering, and doing performance tuning and troubleshooting for applications servers
- Must be able to provide installation, optimization, and troubleshooting support for the WebLogic and associated WebLogic products.
- Must be able to work with Developers who design, develop, code test and implement procedures to load the data warehouse according to the approved design and technical models incorporating the business rules and data requirements.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to produce written documentation (procedures and work instructions).
- Ability to work effectively in a team, and with clients.
- Demonstration of initiative and results oriented with flexibility and tenacity, and the ability to continuously adjust priorities to reflect changing circumstances.
- Strong diplomacy, assertiveness, influencing skills with commitment and ability to work in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment.
- Strong dedication to provide quality customer service.
- Effective problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify the cause of issues with the system or determine if other teams need to be included in resolving an issue. • Ability to manage own projects including communications to customers as well as work as part of a larger team managed by a project manager
- Ability to coach junior administrators, foster new talent.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Permanent resident
- Candidate must be located within the continental US
Education: A minimum of bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or has equivalent work experience
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Remote Work with anticipated travel 2-3 times a year to customer site
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.