About this job
DevOps, System Administrator
Digital Media, eCommerce, Publishing
GRT is carefully searching for new Systems/DevOps candidates for a high profile, global commerce engagement. GRT Software Engineers to help with a holiday traffic throttling project. Walmart sites experience enormous load during November sales events and other special events. Our team is building a distributed queue using edge computing to try to handle this load better. Help us design, build, test, and scale this unique system that will have a huge impact on Walmart's future business.
GRT’s search for this new person is focused with all of our past success factors in mind. We are looking for a solid foundation of technology understanding and work/school experience; we are also equally interested in promising communication skills, and growth potential of any candidate.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards
- Drives technical vision and influences product roadmap and vision
- Implement large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Supervise the work of cross-functional groups of engineers, including offshore associates
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Documents testing and maintenance of application corrections and improvements
- Influence decisions, builds consensus, and resolves conflicts constructively and proactively
- Supports business objectives and ensures the business needs are being met
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems/
- 7+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience building and running distributed systems.
- Experience with AWS Lambda, Cloudflare Workers, Google Cloud Functions, or a similar distributed computing platform.
- Experience with CDNs, especially Akamai and Cloudflare.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications