Automation Engineer (US REMOTE)
You will be part of a cross product automation team, but with a designated role as the automation SME on one of our existing products within the Engineering organization. You will be responsible for, in collaboration with an offshore team, improving and stabilizing the existing automation test suite and framework to enable faster, reliable releases.
This is a remote based position that will report the Lead Automation Engineer, Engineering.
- Code and improve automated test framework, written in C#, and Selenium, striking the optimal balance of tool features with test case requirements.
- Implement and enhance execution of automated test cases using Azure DevOps pipeline processes.
- Identify test gaps and drive requirements for new test tools and/or test frameworks.
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to build/improve automation solutions that support Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Thycotic and Centrify software product suites and their configurations to create optimized, efficient features within the test framework.
- Lead analyst to debug, correct, and maintain automated test case failures.
- Code review automated test cases for consistency, re-use, and resiliency.
- As part of Azure DevOps pipeline process, create automated test results reports that identify passes and failures.
- Hands on ability to design resilient test cases and workflows that employ high re-use and require low maintenance.
- Participate as a key resource in company-wide Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration/DevOps software release process.
- Management of a small offshore automation team.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in programming and computer science or equivalent experience.
- Expert in automation coding using C#; including familiarity with selenium and API testing.
- 3+ years of full-time work experience programming test automation projects.
- Hands on experience with Azure DevOps pipelines or other CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Working experience with test case management repositories like Microsoft Azure Test Plans.
- Experience with software/system troubleshooting to determine causes of failures in automated tests.
- Experience with full life cycle software development including unit and software integration testing, and configuration management.
- Solid experience generating, implementing, and training team members on best practices for test case re-use and shared steps for rapid test automation.
- Ability to work flexible hours to communicate and interact with USA-based, offshore, and near shore technical teams.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Excellent English verbal and written language skill.
- Strong ability for adapting to challenges and continual process improvement in a rapid technical environment.
Back to jobs