SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We deliver using Agile practices to help the government solve their most technically challenging problems. The systems we develop are used to improve the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people and revolutionize the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. SemanticBits is a remote-first employer and has been named a Top Workplace in 2021. Candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
SemanticBits is seeking an Azure DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of a range of projects. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Azure, Ansible, Terraform, and Jenkins to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy applications in the healthcare and life sciences domains. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that can handle hundreds of thousands of users.
- Configure and maintain resources on Azure
- Maintain infrastructure as code using Terraform, Azure ARM/BluePrints, and/or Ansible
- Maintain Dockerfiles
- Deploy services to Azure Container Instances or Kubernetes
- Responsible for production deployments using Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions
- Manage security groups and access controls
- Responsible for securely storing information such as passwords and tokens
- Use ticket management system such as Jira and Confluence to manage work priorities
- Work closely with developers on the team to debug web app issues
- Apply networking knowledge to debug upstream issues
- Clearly articulate and communicate complex technical ideas to non-DevOps colleagues
- Understand project requirements and be innovative in finding solutions in highly regulated government environments
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in technological or related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Solid experience with configuring and maintaining resources on Azure
- Experience with the majority of Azure Virtual Machines, Scale Sets, Container Registry, Database, DNS, VPN, Firewall, Load Balancer, and Active Directory.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of secret management along with the practice of good security hygiene
- Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege
- Hands-on experience using Docker
- Experience and solid understanding to deploy and maintain container orchestration platforms such as Azure Container Instances or Kubernetes
- Expertise with infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform or Azure ARM/BluePrintsDeep, hands-on experience with Linux and Windows
- Expertise with production deployments, and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Expertise with managing users, roles, and privileges through AD
- Expertise with provisioning tools, such as Ansible
- Experienced with KubernetesKnowledge of networking fundamentals
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
- Stipend for work station set up
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
- 401k retirement plan with matching benefit
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Casual working environment
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 or HR@semanticbits. com for assistance.