About this job
Cryptocurrency, Financial Technology, Software Development / Engineering
We are a fast-growing, venture capital-backed Silicon Valley tech startup working with cutting-edge technologies. We are looking to expand our global team to keep up with our growing business!
We are looking for a highly motivated, technical business analyst who can thrive in a fast-paced environment; a goal-oriented, top-performing, and high-caliber person that has experience applying technical expertise (Python/Jupyter/SQL) to business applications.
In this role, you will work directly with the company's COO, VP of Business Development, and Head of Marketing and take ownership of business-critical data analysis and platform stats tasks.
- Create and manage Jupyter notebooks to retrieve and analyze internal system data, e.g. various user and platforms statistics analysis
- Create Jupyter notebooks to retrieve blockchain data to be analyzed for accounting and reporting
- Create reports for internal teams, management, and/or external clients
- Use graphs, infographics, and other methods to visualize data
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Create presentations, write-ups, and reports based on analyses
You're a great fit if you are:
- A highly intelligent problem-solver that wants to make a significant impact at a fast-growing startup
- A fast learner who is excited about the potential for crypto/blockchain technology to revolutionize the world
- Self-driven and motivated, interested in applying programming and technical skills to real-world business and accounting applications
- Takes initiative: don't just tick the box, find ways to do things better
- Well-organized with painstaking attention to detail.
- Resourceful, diligent, thorough; whatever the task, you find a way to get it done
- Tech-savvy: comfortable using a wide range of different software and technologies for work and communication (Discord, Zoom, Telegram) and willing to try out/test software
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills; a team player
- Proficient in Python/numpy/pandas, experience with plotting libraries (e.g. plotly)
- Proficient in working to retrieve data from SQL databases and experience using SQLAlchem
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other engineering/technical field
Nice to have:
- Previous experience (professional or academic) in accounting and/or finance
- Previous experience working at a startup, in particular, a blockchain/cryptocurrency startup
- Previous work at a tech/software company
- Become part of a growing, experienced, well-connected team in crypto, blockchain and machine learning (team background: Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Apple, Etsy, BlueJeans)
- Accelerated career-growth opportunities
- Work hard / have fun team culture, e.g. company game nights and events.
- International travel for company retreats/meetups
- Sharpen the saw! Company-sponsored training programs and continuing education