About the role
We are looking for experienced engineers based in Central Europe or North America to join our company as a Cloud Native Consultant. You’ll be in charge of shaping solutions for companies in the midst of both an organisational as well as a technological transformation. Working in small, self-managed teams, you’ll guide our clients towards creating and automating their cloud infrastructure. We work on the principles of humble consultancy and on top of that, we are a vendor-agnostic company, meaning that you will get to advise our customers on a diverse mix of tools and services.
Working at Container Solutions:
The Cloud Native technology field is very new, and our success thus far has been built upon our commitment to learning and experimentation. Container Solutions prides itself on being a learning organisation. We don’t do things just because they have always been done that way; we innovate to help our customers be successful.
This role significantly differs from our Cloud Native Engineering role, as you will be in charge of Cloud Native Transformations—from design to building phase, the Cloud Native Consultant is there.
Daily activities involve:
- You are the point of contact for the customers and the engineering teams.
- You will be in touch with customers regularly , advising them and supporting them along their journey.
- You will work very closely with our Cloud Native Engineers and the customers core team.
- Continuous focus on developing and coaching both the customer team and CS team.
- Being to go to person for all tech-related delivery for Project Managers on any giving project.
- Willingness to travel to be on the customer site.
Key behavioural competencies:
- Highly adept at problem solving
- Able to managing relationships well, with a key focus on customer relationships
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent aptitude for technical learning
If successful, you can count on us to offer you:
- A competitive package ( please note this is a non-commission based role)
- Possibility for employee ownership and equity based compensation
- Phone and laptop, brand of your choice
- Full coverage of travel and commute
- ‘No Meeting’ Wednesdays
- Unlimited books budget
- Access to leadership development programmes, coaching and mentoring
- We have in-house psychologists
- Technical skills
- Background in development and/or operations
- Deep understanding of Cloud Native technologies
- An understanding of best practices and patterns in software development
- Experience with CI/CD (knowledge of the principles and ability to set up a pipeline from scratch).
- Infrastructure provisioning (such as Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, etc)
- Expertise in cloud architecture or distributed systems engineering
- Has experience running ‘in production of any system’.
- A deep and demonstrated understanding of distributed systems, including containerised microservices and highly scalable web applications.
- Non-technical skills
- Communication skills and a passion for advocating cloud technology via speaking engagements, conferences, meetups or blogs
- Ability to empathise with client's problems and identify potential solutions
- Stage 1: CV sift + short call with one member of the talent team
- Stage 2: Abstract Reasoning Aptitude Test: you will be asked to complete online abstract reasoning aptitude tests. We will only take through the highest performers to the next stages.
- Stage 3: API test: You will receive instructions for a technical assessment, which will be evaluated by one of our current engineering team members.
- Stage 4: Personality Profile Assessment: You will complete an online personality assessment and undertake an interview based on your profile via Google Hangouts.
- Stage 5: Final Behavioural and Situational Interview with two members of our engineering Team.
Container Solutions is proud to be committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Container Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please let a member of our Talent Team know.