Customer Success Lead - Mid Market
London or remote (UTC -/+2)
The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures. The Snowplow team is delighted to announce that Gartner has recognised us as a cool vendor in Marketing and Data Analytics 2020.
To support us with our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a Customer Success Lead to help us scale our Customer Success function. You’ll work alongside strong Operations, Enablement and Solutions Architecture functions to support you operationally and technically to deliver commercially against our ambitious GRR and NRR targets. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Customer Success Lead, Lead/Senior Customer Success Manager or a Customer Success Coach to be foundational in mentoring and coaching a rapidly growing Customer Success function.
This role will sit within our Customer Office and report into our Head of Customer Success. As Customer Success Lead, you will line manage our global team of Customer Success Specialists and Customer Success Managers, and partner with our Strategic Success Managers who support Snowplow’s Enterprise clients.
The environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you'll be doing
● Line managing the team of Customer Success Specialists (CSSs) and Customer Success Managers (CSMs), serving our Startup and Mid-market customers
● Be a Customer Success mentor for our CSSs and CSMs, guiding individuals through challenging situations related to stakeholder engagement, value articulation and organizational adoption
● Own renewal and upsell responsibility, strategy and execution across our Startup and Mid-market customer base
● Be a Customer Success coach for our Strategic Success Managers (SSMs), acting as a sounding board as our SSMs navigate complex, multi-stakeholder organizations to successfully roll out Snowplow
● Taking processes, methodologies and tools from Operations & Enablement covering the whole customer lifecycle and ensuring that the CSSs and CSMs are up to speed and adhering to them
● Combining your CS toolkit with the applied experiences of the team to feedback to Operations & Enablement on changes required to our processes, methodologies and tools in support of driving retention and/or monetization gains
● 3+ years in a relevant role - Customer Success Lead, Lead/Senior Customer Success Manager or a Customer Success Coach
● Prior experience with a complex technology product, targeted at mid-market and/or enterprise
● You are comfortable communicating with C-suite stakeholders at customer organisations
● You cut your teeth as a high-performing Customer Success Manager before moving into a line management role, and enjoy leading by example
● A strong people manager, mentor and coach, you have previously line managed small teams and take a keen interest in professional development pathways
● Highly organized - you have a clear people and process toolkit enabling you to orchestrate multiple projects and put in place methodologies for team management
What you’ll get in return:
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Cycle to work scheme
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
● MacBook Pro
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.