SemanticBits is looking for talented data architects to design and build modern, innovative reporting and analytics solutions in the healthcare and life sciences domains. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations and systems.
- Create conceptual, logical, and physical database designs using data modeling approaches such as UML, E-R, XML Schema, JSON Schema, and SQL.
- Select appropriate database architecture and technologies - OLTP vs OLAP, relational vs NoSQL, document vs columnar, graph vs triple-store, etc.
- Implement and optimize physical database design to support performance, scaling, security, backup, and disaster recovery requirements.
- Work closely with application developers and data analysts to design and optimize data access, query, reporting, and analysis strategies.
- Provide guidance to the DevOps team for maintaining database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems, calculating optimum values for database parameters, evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases, performing maintenance, and answering user questions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or a related field) required
- At least 4 years in a data administrator or architect role.
- Experience with AWS RDBMS services, such as PostGreSQL RDS and Redshift.
- Experience with NoSQL products, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and DynamoDB, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with advanced SQL features - regular expressions, analytical functions (e.g. RANK, PARTITION, LEAD, LAG, etc.).
- Must be able to effectively use a query planner and database metrics to analyze and optimize queries, table structure, indices, and partitioning strategies.
- Familiarity with other query languages is highly desirable - e.g. XPath, MongoDB query language, Elasticsearch query language, JSON Path, SPARQL, etc.
- Strong technical communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills
- Ability to identify and learn applicable new techniques independently as needed.
- Experience in the healthcare domain, or with quality data sets is highly desirable.
- Experience with the following technologies is also highly desirable: Tableau, Looker, Hadoop, Spark.
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
- New laptop (Mac or PC - your choice)
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.