Top 3 reasons our employees love working at Omicron:
- We build cutting-edge technology that is literally changing how the world consumes online content.
- We get to collaborate with really smart, interesting people every day.
- Omicron rewards its team with really fun company events. Past events include food trucks on-site for lunch, private movie screenings, tickets to charity galas and more!
As Data Engineer you will report to the EVP of Data Engineering & Analytics, and work daily with our Business Intelligence Team. You will extend, maintain, and manage large datasets in a Python + Postgres environment.
- Develop queries to aggregate data considering performance and runtime.
- Work with data sources that are supplied in batch or near real-time streams.
- Troubleshoot and performance-tune large datasets.
- Integrate with REST APIs in Python.
- Owner-level experience with PostgreSQL – indexes, materialized views, parent/child tables.
- Familiarity with Python & Pandas.
- Experience in writing analytic queries in SQL.
- Familiarity with some other relational database platforms such as MySQL or MS SQL Server.
- Familiarity with automated workflows in Airflow, cron, or another tool.
- Data analysis experience with SQL and other programming languages.
- Basic quantitative skills that will allow the successful use of data in business processes.
- Experience in basic Linux server administration: ssh, rsync, etc.
- Other scripting experience: Go, PHP, Perl
- Knowledge of common Linux tools for text processing: awk, sed, grep
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, or related quantitative experience.
- As Data Engineer you will report to the Business Intelligence Team in our Winter Park, FL office. The position is open to local and remote candidates.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Omicron Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If you are interested in this position with Omicron Media, Inc., please apply by visiting our website at https://omicronmedia.com/work-here/job-listings
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our Recruitment team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!