- Posted < 1 hour ago
- Be one of the first applicants
About this job
Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Accounting Software, Banking, Financial Technology
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time
Employees can also work full time from this office.
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our team! As a Database
Administrator at our company, you will be a key resource for the database architecture, design
and maintenance. The role requires strong collaboration with application development teams,
business teams and key stakeholders.
The DBA position demands a well-organized, action-oriented team player with exceptional
time management and communication skills to simultaneously support multiple initiatives.
If you are that go-to person who is relied upon to get it done when it matters the most, we want
to talk to you!
- Design, implement and maintain database security based on company policy, best practices and any regulatory requirements
- Set and maintain database standards
- Manage database access across all environments
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Create automation for repeating database tasks
- Create and maintain database backup plans
- Be available for on-call support as needed
- Conquer The Day-to-day Operational Aspects:
- Performance monitoring/tuning
- Backup strategies
- Query tuning
- Cloud instance/storage design, provisioning, and performance monitoring
- On-prem to cloud migrations
- Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools
- Provide solutions to development teams when proposed architecture does not comply with architectural, performance or security guidelines
- Resolve database performance issues using all available tools and take corrective actions when necessary
- Work with the development teams to ensure a solid understanding of the application and database requirements exist and configure database structures and parameters accordingly
- 7 years of experience with programming languages such PL/SQL coding
- Easily design and implement a business process into functional and efficient code
- Implement and manage company data management practices and policies
- 5 years of experience in administering, managing and tuning databases
- 3-5+ years of experience with Oracle RAC, SQL Server or MySQL
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Good understand database design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Experience with large, high volume, mission critical SaaS environments
- Azure Proficiency in all aspects of designing, sizing and implementing SQL instances, storage and RDMS
- Strong experience doing performance tuning, backup – recovery, security, optimization.
- Ability to support business and system processes and procedures.
- Strong database design and schema refactoring experience.
- Proven ability with query tuning to dramatically improve database performance.
- Proven track record managing multiple database instances simultaneously
- Experience administering mission-critical transactional and decision support databases required
- Provide after-hours support when necessary
- Ability to monitor the database and analyze error logs while leveraging troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of large databases and how to create multiple smaller databases.
- Familiar with user permissions, audits, security and minimizing vulnerabilities within the database.
- Possess overall understanding of IT architecture, infrastructure standards, database platforms and programming languages and tools
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Data Management philosophies and apply them to existing and to-be architectures
- Ability to produce clear documentation around reoccurring processes
- Forward thinking, proactive approach to monitoring all databases
- Ability to provide accurate resource and capacity planning
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field