NAVIS is thrilled to be adding an experienced Database Reliability Engineer to our growing team! This is a US-based, virtual / remote position.
Database Reliability Engineers (DBRE) are responsible for keeping database systems (this includes NoSQL technologies) that support all user-facing services and internal production systems running smoothly 24/7/365. Successful DBREs at NAVIS are an interwoven blend of database engineering, administration, and software development that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature software development and automation, specializing in databases (PostgreSQL and MSSQL). In that capacity, DBREs are peers to Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) and bring database expertise to the SRE Infrastructure teams as well as our engineering teams.
Click here for a peek inside our Engineering team
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Database performance and reliability
- Optimize queries, indexes, and overall database structure to improve performance
- Work on observability of relevant database metrics and make sure we reach our database objectives
- Design infrastructure to meet business Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Provide database expertise to engineering teams (e.g. through reviews of database migrations, queries, and performance optimizations)
- Provide guidance on the right type of datastore, depending on the objectives and workload
- Automation of database infrastructure and help engineering succeed by providing self-service tools
- On-Call support rotation with the team
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
This position will be full-time remote based in the US. This individual should be willing to work with a team based in the Pacific Time Zone and be able to adjust work hours accordingly. This position requires participation in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- At least six (6) years directly working with relational database environments
- At least six (6) years’ experience with Database Administration for Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- At least six (6) years’ experience in troubleshooting and resolving intermediate to complex database problems
- At least six (6) years’ experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Expert level skill with backup, replication, restore and recovery models
- Expert knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Microsoft SQL Server
- Expert knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Expert T-SQL development and knowledge of SQL internals
- Advanced knowledge of SQL development and software development life cycle
- Advanced experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of NoSQL based technologies such as JSON or Columnar Store solutions
- Demonstrated ability to design and build a SQL Server to include capacity planning to meet performance objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related degree, or equivalent of business experience
- BONUS EXPERIENCE: Experience with AWS technologies such as Redshift and Elasticsearch is a PLUS
OUR TECH STACK:
Our tech stack is as follows: Java Spring Boot, Node.js, React/Redux, Postgres, Microservices, Containers, Lambda, ElasticSearch, Python, Spark, CI/CD, IaC, AWS
- An inclusive, fun, values-driven company culture – we’ve won awards for it
- A growing tech company based in Bend, Oregon that supports a remote work culture
- Work / Life balance - what a concept!
- Excellent benefits package with a Medical Expense Reimbursement Program that helps keep our medical deductibles LOW for our Team Members
- 401(k) with generous matching component
- Generous time off plus a VTO day to use working at your favorite charity
- Competitive pay
- FREE TURKEYS (or pies) for every Team Member for Thanksgiving (hey - don't laugh, it's a tradition around here)
- Your work makes a difference here, and we make a huge impact to our clients’ profits
- Transparency – regular All-Team meetings, so you can stay in-the-know with what’s going on in all areas of our business
NAVIS is the only Unified CRM solution for hotels and vacation rental management companies that brings their data and their reservations sales, marketing, and revenue teams together to drive more direct bookings and revenue. Because we believe technology should make you money, not cost you money, we developed our game-changing Revenue Performance Platform™ to transform teams into revenue makers, enabling them to drive, capture and convert more direct bookings. We deliver actionable guest insights so departments can seamlessly sell and market together. The result is always a dramatic increase in direct sales and profit. We guarantee it.
Founded in 1987, NAVIS is a privately held company with headquarters in Bend, Oregon, and growing locations in Orlando, Florida and Reno, Nevada.
We have been named on multiple "Top Workplaces" lists for NINE years running!
NAVIS is honored and humbled to have been recognized as a "Top Workplace" by "The Oregonian" for several years (and again in 2019)!
At NAVIS, our Core Values are:
- Golden Rule: I treat others as I want to be treated
- Integrity: I am a person of my word and highly trusted
- Innovation: I create solutions for difficult business problems
- Performance: I am part of an ambitious team and my results matter
- Attitude: I am a positive influence, I love my team and the work we do
NAVIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)