*US work authorization required
About AllTrails AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 20 million people worldwide. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working cross-functionally with other engineering teams to design and build infrastructure for new features and services
- Optimize our NGINX configuration
- Speed up development build times by streamlining our CI/CD pipeline
- Increase observability; identify and implement new and better ways to monitor and alert on our systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Patch, update, and maintain our Kubernetes clusters and databases
- Administer developer access to AWS resources
- Deep experience with NGINX and AWS services including EKS, EC2, RDS, and CloudFront
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Linux/UNIX, and at least one programming language
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases, such as MySQL and DynamoDB
- Experience with load testing & unit testing
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and CI/CD
- Monitoring and metrics-gathering (Datadog, NewRelic, Cloudwatch, etc)
- Proficiency with git
- Excellent documentation skills
- Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Passion for the outdoors
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
- Software development experience with Ruby on Rails
- Infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform
- Security knowledge and best practices
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.