We are inviting experienced, Elastic Stack engineers to join our team, which builds and maintains a host of services that are used across all of Tucows’ major business units. We are evolving our platforms to microservices to enable functions within Tucows across all of our platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, secure, and maintain Elastic Stack solutions.
- Build the automation to provision, maintain, and monitor all aspects of the ELK stack via infrastructure as code.
- Design, implement, and operate multi-datacenter Elastic Stack infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain Logstash data processing pipelines.
- Build dashboards and visualization to provide meaningful insights into application behaviour, performance, and health
- Ensure all disaster recovery protocols are tested with routine backup and recovery exercises.
- Collaborate with development teams to understand the technical data and performance requirements for platforms and services and ensure they are implemented properly.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, providing domain expertise, guidance, and standard methodology recommendations to optimize search, logging, and observability via APM.
- Employ Agile software development tools and standard methodologies.
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
Who You Are:
- Have substantive Elastic Stack experience and a consistent record of installing, configuring, and managing Elasticsearch clusters.
- Experienced with time series analysis to describe queries, transformations, and visualizations.
- Extensive knowledge of JSON and Kibana KQL searching syntax.
- You have years of experience with APM tools, dashboards, and log analysis visualization.
- Substantial experience with event monitoring, reporting and analysis.
- Experienced with automated configuration management tools, playbooks, such as SaltStack, containers, and version control systems.
- Experienced with DevOps practices, and tools and demonstrative experience increasing an organization's ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity.
- Experienced with open source RDBMS, NoSQL databases, and event streaming platforms.
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be:
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain names experience.
- A person who’s worked for an ISP.
- Someone that’s familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. If you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.