About this job
DevOps, System Administrator
(GMT-07:00) Mountain Time +/- 4 hours
Employees can also work full time from this office.
This is a full-time remote position (w2 or contract depending on your preference and where you live). Our office is in Denver, but our team is also distributed so you can work from anywhere!
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who is proficient with automated deployments. You’ll be an integral part of our small team, contributing to our development and deployment processes to help automate and streamline the deployment process. Our projects have multiple developers and experience in working in such development environments will be necessary.
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps Engineer role for a technology company; experience in software development and infrastructure development for a Saas platform a plus.
- 3+ years experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux administration and AWS.
- SQL/NOSQL database management, preference with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and MongoDB
- Experience with Django framework and Task Scheduling with Celery
- Experience with CI/CD tools, Circle CI and source control such as GIT
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, and/or other relevant infrastructure automation and configuration management systems.
- Experience with Docker, Docker Compose, and Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes and Helm
- Familiarity with scripting languages.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Build and maintain tools, solutions and microservices associated with our platform
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before deployment to production
- Test our system integrity and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed
- Deploy new products and updates to production and non-production environments
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements
- Establish DevOps team best practices
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Work with open-source technologies as needed
- Implementation and management of System monitoring Tools including Application Performance Management like Sentry and NewRelic