NAVIS is excited to be hiring aDevOps Manager! This position will be full-timeremote based in the US. This individual should be willing to work with a team based in the Pacific Time Zone.
NAVIS is looking for a motivated, strategic, highly-technical DevOps Manager to join us as a critical member of our Engineering Team. This person will utilize their communication and technical skills to lead and direct astrong, growing team and foster a great working culture. This person will enable an agile framework through systems for various engineering projects and initiatives, while seeking ways to become more efficient by implementing various best-in-class DevOps practices.
This is a working management (Technical Manager) role responsible formaturing the DevOps process and ensuring the smooth operation of the building and deployment of workflows and production applications.
This position will report directly to the Director of Infrastructure, who reports to the VP of Engineering.
Click here for a peek inside our Engineering team
WHAT'S ESPECIALLY COOL ABOUT THIS POSITION:
NAVIS is committed to and driving aggressively towards AWS / the cloud. This means you'll have the opportunity to come in at an early stage in this process to help define the overall technology roadmap, the tools, the technologies, and the processes we use to get there. This work is visible and you'll be able to put your "stamp" on this critical work for the Company. This work is meaningful to NAVIS and our clients!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage and lead a talented technology-oriented team through change while fostering a positive team culture and environment
- Apply mastery of build/release, engineering, hosting, AWS, and industry best practices to design and implement systems and tools enabling the whole product development organization to rapidly deliver reliable/scalable software products and services
- Design, implementation, and management of build, deployment, configuration, and automated test toolset
- Design and maintain a release management strategy supporting an always-on 24/7 SaaS platform with a focus on performance and scalability
- Responsible for documenting and socializing DevOps processes and tools across the organization
- Continually assess the infrastructure, making applications more consistent and reliable over time
- Work cross-functionally with various teams (software engineering, product management, quality engineering) driving projects to completion independently and creatively
- Work with architects and engineers to provide automated solutions driving improved efficiency throughout the SDLC
- Partner with other technical leaders to drive design and architecture decisions
- Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools and processes
- Lead a team of build/release and site reliability engineers producing high quality output with high productivity to scale and automate AWS workloads
- Responsible for instilling and reinforcing a strong sense of ownership, empowerment, and accountability
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Strong experience managing and leading a team through change, along with the ability to effectively drive change and a positive team culture
- Ability to play multiple roles and handle change well in a smaller Company/team environment
- Deep experience with scripting technologies, such as Python, among others
- Deep knowledge of DevOps practices
- Proficient in automating AWS workloads
- Demonstrated ability to learn, implement and evangelize new technologies
- Experience troubleshooting distributed applications
- Ability to deliver innovative solutions for problems where there are no available precedents
- Strong experience developing CI/CD pipeline for serverless technologies
- Deep experience using configuration management tools (Chef, Terraform)
- Deep experience supporting Java applications
- Understanding of security systems, including firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, and vulnerability scanning tools
- Experience with SaaS operations, site reliability engineering and business continuity monitoring
- Must demonstrate strength in the following areas daily: analytical problem solving, risk identification/mitigation, sense of urgency,sense of accountability, relationship building, and excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 10+ years of experience in systems or software engineering with at least 3 years in a dedicated DevOps/SRE position for large scale web apps and services
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
This position will be full-time remote based in the US. This individual should be willing to work with a team based in the Pacific Time Zone and be able to adjust work hours accordingly. This position requires participation in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule.
OUR TECH STACK:
Our tech stack is as follows: Java Spring Boot, Node.js, React/Redux, Postgres, Microservices, Containers, Lambda, ElasticSearch, Python, Spark, CI/CD, IaC, AWS
- An inclusive, fun, values-driven company culture – we’ve won awards for it
- A growing tech company based in Bend, Oregon that supports a remote work culture
- Work / Life balance - what a concept!
- Excellent benefits package with a Medical Expense Reimbursement Program that helps keep our medical deductibles LOW for our Team Members
- 401(k) with generous matching component
- Generous time off plus a VTO day to use working at your favorite charity
- Competitive pay
- FREE TURKEYS (or pies) for every Team Member for Thanksgiving (hey - don't laugh, it's a tradition around here)
- Your work makes a difference here, and we make a huge impact to our clients’ profits
- Transparency – regular All-Team meetings, so you can stay in-the-know with what’s going on in all areas of our business