Our team is in search of a Director, Design to help us change the way cross-functional teams all over the world collaborate whether near or far.
About the Team:
You will oversee design across multiple product areas building the future of a collaborative platform critical to InVisions strategy. The pandemic has sped up digital transformation across so many companies that now we are at the dawn of a new era. Creating great digital experiences demands collaboration at a whole new scale - it’s the work of the entire company, not just one team. In partnership with your Product and Engineering peers, you will lead the team to create a workspace that catalyzes creative collaboration, creative thinking, creative energy, across teams & organizations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, develop and hire a team of design leaders and designers across the globe.
- Contribute to creating a creative culture that’s supportive, high-achieving and team-oriented with the entire leadership team.
- Partner with the VP of Product Design to foster an iterative, collaborative, insights driven, and FUN design culture. Helping to build out practices, rituals and culture across our Design organization.
- Guide the team towards exceptional experience design that leads to an impact for customers and the business.
- Be a strategic thought partner to your trio in Product and Engineering Leadership to guide product and company strategy overall.
- Rely on your influence and partnership skills to lay out tasks in detail and remove barriers, so the team can get things done.
- Be the connective tissue between a variety of teams all sprinting towards the same mission. You will use your skills in storytelling to inspire and drive alignment.
- Shape the vision for the user experience of connection collaboration, working closely with your team and cross-functional partners.
- Synthesize product and business goals into user-centric design solutions. Work with designers to generate prototypes and mockups of experiences to envision what near and longer-term versions could be.
- Demonstrate and model beautiful, functional visual and interaction design. Elegantly architect complex end-to-end flows.
- Provide partnership to product managers, engineers and researchers to solve complex problems, find compromises and plan effectively. Use foresight to uncover interdependencies, trade-offs and risks in long term workstreams - making them visible and collaborating to resolve challenges early.
- Support processes to enable continuous integration of research and testing into the design process. Work across teams to ensure we are utilizing both qualitative and quantitative insights in our design process and are clear about how they influence design decisions.
What you’ll bring:
- You have a humble, curious mindset that is always in service of others with an extreme ownership mindset.
- Understands how to lead by speaking about opportunities and insights to be solved to leverage the team's talents instead of just heading out solutions.
Extensive experience of shipping products that exist and are loved in the world. Demonstrable successes in both launching new-to-the-world, innovative products, as well as scaling and optimizing products already in the market.
Experience leading design managers and senior individual contributors, projects and process spanning insights, ideation and validation through to design implementation. You love leading teams and simultaneously guiding and being in the work. You have experience leading and growing design culture in an agile or lean environment.
- Experience building partnerships with Product Management leaders, Engineering leaders, Product Marketers, Researchers and Data Analysts.
- Passion for driving both strategy and execution. Meticulous attention to detail applied to everything from strategic direction through to usability and aesthetics.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment with strong organizational and analytical skills.
Please note: Candidates must share an online or PDF portfolio to be considered for this role. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.