ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
Happy Money is looking for a great team member to provide broad and direction for Happy Money's corporate Information Technology (IT), Documentation/Technical Writing, and Vendor Management personnel.
ABOUT THE TEAM
- You will mentor and lead engineers and specialists across the IT, Documentation/Technical Writing, and Vendor Management areas.
- Have strong experience and insight into how to significantly increase automation in these areas.
- Provide insight into budgets and forecasts in these technology and process areas.
- This role will report into our VP, Systems Confidence
- This is a 100% remote position (within the U.S.)
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work in very close coordination with all teams and employees to provide and successfully deliver vision, direction, energy, accountability, skill, and experience in these areas.
- Will coordinate with various technology and other leaders across Happy Money to achieve our various goals
- Exhibits extreme ownership mentality
- Can anticipate future infrastructure/platform/applications needs at scale, and can offer and implement practical solutions
- Be on-call
- Work Pacific time hours
- Have demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 10+ years experience as an individual contributor in the corporate IT area
- 5+ years experience as a senior individual contributor in IT
- 5+ years experience as a people manager
- 4+ years experience using enterprise documentation platforms
- Strong familiarity with modern SDLC and CI/CD practices and tooling is required. Automation is a key part of our go-forward IT strategy.
- Ability to make nuanced IT-related and documentation platform-related assessments
- Has owned a significant budget in the past, and has shown the ability to efficiently interact with Finance and use their frameworks for budgeting and forecasting
- Significant experience with PCI, SOC2, SOX, HIPAA, or other compliance regimes
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Significant experience with financial systems or loan origination systems
- Have strong connections with industry leaders who we could leverage for topical discussions
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!