Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class go-to-market (GTM) organization.
As Director of Engineering, you will lead the management and growth of our engineering team. You will lead hiring efforts to scale the team in line with ambitious growth plans and ensure that new team members reach full productivity quickly. You will consistently enable exceptional performance of your team members and actively guide their professional development. As the leader of the team, you will empower our engineers to continually have maximum positive impact for our company, and be ultimately responsible for the results of the engineering team, including site reliability and uptime. You will guide the team to build out our architecture and processes as we scale. You will be the final decision maker for architecture and the buck will stop with you on all things engineering. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Establish and continually improve development & team processes that yield maximum efficiency in day-to-day engineering operations
- Directly manage engineering team members and ensure that your entire team is continually enabled to do their best work. Consistently provide ongoing technical mentorship and general professional development
- Optimize team structure for maximum delivery, productivity and team satisfaction
- Lead recruiting and onboarding efforts for the engineering team. Build scalable processes for onboarding and ensure new team members achieve full productivity quickly
- Improve internal development processes to minimize errors and improve team efficiency
- Develop and execute strategies for site reliability, devops, and infrastructure management
- Implement appropriate metrics to measure and motivate productivity
What we’ll love about you
- 6+ years software development experience
- 3+ years experience direct management of engineers and closely related functions
- Success managing and scaling an engineering team at a high-growth SaaS software company
- Clear passion for people, management, and enabling people to do their best work
- Leadership experience in early stage companies
- Experience managing AWS services
What you'll love about us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend