Director of Quality Engineering
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyber attacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
The Director of Quality Engineering is someone who’s spent a good portion of their career experiencing the various depths of QA in an Enterprise software company or modern SaaS company. She/he has a keen interest in advocating for the user and delivering a total quality experience. This person has a deep respect and passion for test automation and quality engineering in general. She/he can thrive in any environment where there is something new to learn with each major effort.
We are looking for someone who wants to lead not only a team of dedicated engineers, but drive our quality engineering strategy across our 4+ products, 7 language agents and dozens of integrations. Your team will work with Product Managers, UX, Engineers, Cloud and the like throughout the organization.
- Manage a distributed, global team of QA Managers, QA Engineers and SDETs roughly 10-15 team members and growing.
- Define the overarching quality engineering strategy across our 4+ products, 7 language agents and dozens of integrations.
- Support our product and development teams to around
- Defining their Test Strategy as a Living Document
- Test Case Development
- Test and Code Coverage
- Test Automation and Tooling
- Test Conditions and Data Modeling
- Test Execution via our Automated Build Pipelines
- Test Reporting
- Work with multiple agile teams to establish automated test metric goals and achieve them.
- Work with teams to set up processes, patterns and standards to increase unit test coverage
- Work with teams to set up processes, patterns and standards to automate high value performance testing (benchmark, load and stress)
- Work with teams to set up high value automated API tests
- Working with the Ops teams to test infrastructure as code gets you a gold star
- Support the effort to increase our synthetic test infrastructure run against our production SaaS systems for real-time awareness of product uptime and functional stability.
- A passion for automation – a key team goal is to reduce daily toil through automation
- Work cross-functionally within a service team and be a core contributor in every significant engineering solution that is delivered.
- You have experience leading and directing Quality Assurance and Engineering teams.
- Industry relevant experience for 7+ years in a practitioner role and at least 2+ years of management/leadership experience.
- You like to recruit talented people to join you in your mission of building a great software product.
- Experience owning and operating an industry test case management system like XRay, Zephyr or TestRail.
- Experience with BDD and/or Specification by Example, specifically writing Given, When Then Scenarios (Gherkin Syntax).
- Experience with test automation frameworks like Mocha, JUnit, RestAssured, Jest and/or Cypress.
- You have a deep passion for test engineering and automation.
- You love to break things, and you like to share how you did it.
- You’re a storyteller with compelling stories about that time you learned something new in order to solve a problem for your company, and stories about the times you helped your team mates skill up.
- You have powerful stories about the failures and mistakes you’ve made and the lessons learned. You share them as cautionary tales with your teammates.
- You can find your way around a database, but you are better at mocking them.
- You have a passion for tools, testing frameworks, methodologies and implementations. You choose them based on the best fit for the problem at hand.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need. You write things down so someone else on your team can do them.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges. We see simplicity as the greatest expression of intelligence and responsibility.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with some of the highest performing individuals in the world with the goal of establishing memories of the best part of your career ever.
- Competitive compensation
- Daily in-office team lunches
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
Back to jobs