Director of Technology, Shared Platform
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Director of Technology to help us.
How you'll help
Jellyvision is looking for a business savvy technology leader who can help us integrate our business and product goals into technology outcomes, make critical architectural, and foundational service decisions, and help us build great shared technology capabilities that the ALEX Product suite relies upon.
What you'll do
- Lead the build and operations of our Data, Integration Platform, and core Healthcare & User Data platforms
- Leverage industry best practices & standards to drive the right mix of toolchain for Jellyvision. Recommend opportunities to build/buy.
- Be the tech visionary through the product planning & delivery lifecycle.
- Help Product navigate tech pitfalls, ensuring we are seamlessly contracting and planning with vendors / partners / customers
- Partners with product teams to achieve business outcomes within our technology ecosystem
- Be the technology partner to mesh the Product ask with the right technologies & the right teams to deliver the outcomes most effectively.
- Lastly you need to be able advice Product about the investments & resources needed during planning so we can make right Product decisions that lead to high quality and high value products
- Drive the technology strategy so we build core capabilities to support Product & Business goals.
- Look ahead to business goals and infer & plan for technology capabilities we need to be able deliver on the long-term goals and plan the architectural runway.
- Most critically, you will need to show the options and value of these investments and help the broader Operations leadership team guide appropriate & timely investments.
- Coach Lead engineers, Product Managers, & Engineering Managers in navigating impact of technology decisions on teams, product, and business outcomes.
- Work with Engineering Managers to plan for gaps in skillset & capabilities in the larger technology organization
- Coach other team members in architecture skills and thinking through mentoring, finding opportunities to pair with others, and even running education sessions
- Enable agile delivery by ensuring architecture of Products & Platforms are built with active collaboration with Product Delivery teams.
- Ensure technology choices are enablers of agile delivery
- Work with the product delivery teams to develop and evolve the architecture
- Minimize complexity to deliver value
- Plan for change realistically and make changes in a controlled way
- Know when to say "no”
- Look for better alternatives if proposed changes creates problems or more complexity'
Experience & Skills
- Experience in implementing scalable solutions for complex business requirements.
- Ability to drive requirements, design, architecture & development for modern, cloud native applications
- History of leading successful technology integration projects
- Experience with building Data Analytics, & data integration platforms
- Healthcare Industry experience preferable
- Business Insight
- Organizational Savvy
- Cultivates Innovation
- Decision Quality
- Strategic Mindset
- Develops Talent
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!