About the Role
The Software Engineer (Cloud) role is part of the Cloud Engineering team from CrowdStrike Romania who will build globally distributed, fault tolerant and highly scalable cloud-based critical systems such as Device Control, Falcon X, Spotlight etc using Golang.
Don't worry if you don't know Golang, we will teach you!
If you are a hands-on engineer who loves to operate at scale, let's talk!
This position is open to candidates in Bucharest (Office or Romania Remote), Brasov, Cluj, Iasi, Sibiu and Timisoara (Remote).
- Lead backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale application services across CrowdStrike products
- Leverage and build cloud based services to support our top rated security intelligence platform
- Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team
- Be mentored and mentor other developers on web, backend and data storage technologies and our system
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables
- Use and give back to the open source community
You will use:
- AWS Cloud
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems)
- Strong programming skills – Python / Java / Scala or Golang
- The ability to design scalable and re-usable SOA services
- The ability to scale backend systems – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally are second nature to you
- The desire to ship code and the love of seeing your bits run in production
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges
- Deep understand multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment
- The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration