Engineering Director, Community
As an engineering director of the community team at Plex, you will lead distributed teams responsible for our community features. Creating a global community for streaming content is at the heart of our mission, and we’re building out features like ratings, reviews, directed recommendations, profiles, and more, all with a commitment to user control and sensible privacy. Many of these initiatives are in their early stages, so you’ll be instrumental in both the features and the teams that build them.
What you'll do
- You will grow and lead the teams working on community features.
- You will work closely with product partners on roadmapping and planning, and own the execution of those plans.
- You will mentor both engineers and managers in order to develop top talent.
- You will start from a small team (~4) and lead the hiring to grow the team, eventually helping shape multiple teams to maximize productivity and ownership.
- You will lead weekly cross-functional meetings to keep projects running smoothly.
- You will regularly meet 1:1 with your team members to help with their career growth.
- You will help shape our community features, including iterative development and experimentation, and ensure that things like user safety, privacy, and moderation are taken into account.
What you bring to the table
- You have prior engineering experience, preferably in cloud services and/or frontend clients.
- You have 2-5 years of recent experience in engineering management.
- You have experience either in an entertainment company or working on social/community features.
- You have led a project from conception to implementation.
- You enjoy solving problems through organizational thinking and building teams.
- You empower the individuals on your teams by practicing servant leadership.
- You are kind, humble, helpful and get stuff done.
- You are self motivated and able to manage your time, working with a distributed team across the globe.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be it’s best.
Back to jobs