- Posted < 1 hour ago
- Be one of the first applicants
About this job
eCommerce, Internet Marketing, Retail
(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time +/- 4 hours
Engineering Manager, E-Commerce & Native Apps
We're seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a team in our E-Commerce group. You'll support our public-facing website, backend systems, iOS, and Android applications that power the purchase experience. You'll push the boundaries of search personalization, seo, and design as we make our customer experience even easier and better to shop. You'll also build supporting systems and integrate with technology from around the company to improve buyer-related operations. You'll be exposed to the latest technology and a data-driven culture, while surrounded by a friendly, helpful team. These technical challenges are at the core of The RealReal's business, and this leader will have a significant impact on the company's development roadmap and business success.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Manage a team of 6-12 engineers
- Hire world-class engineering talent.
- Mentor and develop your engineering team.
- Work with your teams to prioritize and scope engineering investments
- Partner with product, business, and operations stakeholders on roadmaps, timelines, and technical strategy.
- Partner with senior engineering leadership to set standards and technical vision.
What You Bring To The Role
- 7+ years of experience as an engineer or technologist
- 1+ years of management experience
- Experience with Elixir or Ruby
- Strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools
- Native app (iOS or Android) experience
- Mastery of git and Github workflows
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
Nice To Have
- Strong database fundamentals and experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding of distributed systems design
- Prior e-commerce experience
- Experience with GraphQL, Kafka
- Worked with search engines such as Elasticsearch, Lucene, Solr