About the role
We're looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong software development background and experience building and running a product engineering group team. You are a player-coach type of technical leader who is passionate about developing engineering talent, comfortable leading a technical roadmap, and not afraid to get into the details of the codebase. Ideally you've worked in a fast-growing startup managing teams, and you're excited about being at the forefront of our ambitious product roadmap.
In this role, expect to
- Remove roadblocks from the team before they are reached, and sometimes get your hands dirty in the code by doing pieces that would cause too great a context switch for your team.
- Coach, mentor, and performance manage a team of software engineers.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate new technologies or techniques into our process that improve engineering velocity.
To succeed in this role, you have
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering work experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience.
- Intimate knowledge of JS ecosystem (tooling, libraries, etc).
- Expert level familiarity with RESTful APIs and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Ability to uphold code quality standards, demonstrated through passion about technical stewardship.
- Experience with complex code bases and know how to incrementally improve them.
- Proven ability to recruit and develop top technical talent.
Nice to have, but not essential
- DevOps expertise
- Prior experience with Puppeteer
- Familiarity with GCP