Experienced Search Engineer
Bandcamp is seeking a talented software engineer to help us improve our site search and discovery features. You’ll have significant opportunities to have a meaningful impact, helping fans find the artists that they love.
Bandcamp is a global music community where fans discover great music and directly support the artists who make it. We believe that music is an indispensable part of culture, and for that culture to thrive, artists must be compensated fairly and transparently for their work.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, product and support experts to build search and discovery features
- Design and build elegant, highly performant code that makes you proud
- Work as a generalist, taking ownership of tasks from database to interface (or vice versa, as you prefer)
- Balance your attention to detail with the desire to release improvements and new features
- Offer opinions on technical decisions and directions, while being open to the opinions of others
- Have the opportunity to mentor less experienced engineers (and maybe those who are more experienced!), on your areas of expertise
- Experience building, evaluating, and tuning search and discovery features for online marketplaces or large catalogs
- Extensive experience with one or more of: Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch
- A love of ruby, or extensive experience with another object-oriented language, eg. Java, Python
- Experience with rust
- A desire to work collaboratively on cross-disciplinary teams
- Web development experience within the past five years
Great! Use this link to share your resume, CV or LinkedIn profile and a brief cover letter (1 page at most!) telling us why you’re interested in this role.
Back to jobs