About the role
As a Front-end Developer at Uvaro, you will collaborate with our talented and fast-moving team of Developers. In this role, you will play an integral part in developing a variety of internal and xternal tools under the Kiite and Uvaro brands. You’ll have direct input into the way our customers use our products and the way our team builds software.
If you are a passionate and creative Front-end Developer with some experience across the stack and an eye for design, who welcomes challenges in fast-paced environments, we would love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll be
- Designing, creating, and managing React components, CSS, and custom front-end code for maximum performance across an array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Working with other developers to plan and build API endpoints and back-end data routines to power them
- Collaborating with teammates to understand user and business requirements while developing new features and improving existing ones
- Investigating and recommending best practices and approaches to code and components
- Discussing feature work with customers and business stakeholders to define the best solutions possible with a focus on business needs and capabilities
- Investigating issues reported by customers or internal teams, determining impact and root cause, and assisting in prioritization and remediation
- Occasional design of new UX interfaces
- Growing and maintaining our suite of automated tests
- Writing quality, test-supported front-end react/redux code and participating in peer code review
What we’re looking for
Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the qualifications listed below - we’re particularly interested in someone that learns quickly, so if you only meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out - we’d love to talk to you!
- 3+ years of professional front-end development experience
- 1+ years of experience with large, complex React/Redux projects with complex data and state
- Experience with large, normalized, relational datasets and data management in Redux (or similar)
- Practical experience with, and understanding of, API and data-layer code
- Practical experience with building reusable and maintaining CSS and stylesheets
- Experience building products with a customer centric design approach
- Solid understanding of test and behaviour driven development
- Strong sense of initiative, independence and take pride in your work
- An interest in and and understanding of UX design
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent practical experience
- Remote work experience is a bonus
- Start-up experience is a bonus
The Environment & Benefits
- Located in Uptown Waterloo, in the Communitech Data Hub | Office is wheelchair accessible
- Remote work, flex hours & unlimited vacation
- 100% Paid, premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
At Uvaro, we understand the value of having a diverse and inclusive team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.