Full stack developer - RubyonRails
One Planet Digital Ltd (OnePlanet.com) is a company building and promoting new digital platform
that enables users to create, share and connect sustainability plans.
OnePlanet.com uniquely allows cross-departmental and cross-sector working – enabling connections to be made all the way from citizens and students to city-wide plans. It uses graph database technology, some of which has been developed by the OnePlanet.com team and will be underpinned by machine learning and AI to help users make the best sustainability decisions possible.
The company is built on the premise that environmental and social challenges offer a massive
opportunity to create a scalable and profitable business which can do good.
OnePlanet.com Web Application is an Isomorphic environment where Server and client data are
shared and written in the same common language: RUBY.
On the server side we are using RubyOnRails stack and NEO4J as a graph database. On the client side we are using REACT wrapped into a RUBY language layer (thanks to hyperstack.org). Additionally Material-UI and Vis.js for the presentation layer.
What you will be doing
● Work with the team to create ways to improve OnePlanet.com products
● Work closely together with our CTO and take part in architectural decision making
● You'll work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
● As you gain context, you’ll provide technical guidance to teammates and insight into technical
decisions to product managers.
● You will contribute to our engineering standards to continuously improve the consistency and
quality of our codebases and processes.
● Implementing users interface or admin interface for management and visualization of products
Elaborating data model with a graph database
● Using RubyOnRails Services for re-writing part of the application
● Implementing Unit tests
● Contributing generally as part of the team
● Deep understanding of computer science, object-oriented analysis, and software design
● Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec
● Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
● Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
● Proficient understanding of Server and Client stack
● Knowledge of or interest in learning how to work in an Isomorphic environment (Server / Client all in ruby)
● Interest in learning and working with a Graph Database (Neo4j)
← Back to jobs