Remote (UTC +/- 2)
In a Nutshell
An engineer looking to gain experience through working with an experienced team and contributing to a large, diverse set of open source projects centered around data.
The open-source technology at Snowplow empowers people to differentiate with data. Running on AWS and GCP data technologies, it is the platform for teams who want to serve complex data use cases in an increasingly privacy and security conscious world.
We collect, validate, enrich and load billions of events for our customers each day, who also benefit from our online experience and expertise in running our own tech.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures.
There is plenty of opportunity to move around our team, however the near-term home for this role is to work in our team responsible for creating the technology that serves data use cases. In short, this includes tracker libraries (web, mobile, server-side), data models, and relays to destinations. If you have enjoyed learning a variety of languages, and applying the right one to the right problem, this role is for you.
You will be joining a team of 20+ remote engineers who work closely with our product, support and customer teams. There is a huge opportunity to learn more about all aspects of engineering and data, from code to customers.
As a graduate engineer you will receive additional mentoring from our experienced engineers to help you to further your craft and embed into the way we work. Over the years we have had many of our graduate engineers stay on with Snowplow and several still work with us today.
What you’ll be doing
● Designing user friendly APIs and solving complex problems in collecting behavioural data from browsers, apps and services in our open-source trackers.
● Adding capabilities to our data models, data model tooling and relays to help our customers and community make use of this data.
● Engage with our users via slick documentation and through our forums.
● Working in a productive, empowered team. Everyone says this, but we’re really doing it. Comes talk to us about how.
We’d love to hear from you if
● The idea of working for a growing, funded startup excites you.
● You have applied software engineering experience, whether through education or work, and can use this to undertake a technical exercise.
● We are not expecting deep experience in software engineering, but we will be asking for your views on how best to engineer, ways of working, etc.
What you’ll get in return
● A competitive graduate salary
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● A MacBook Pro laptop and home office equipment allowance
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation