Head of Product Marketing
Located in London or East Coast US
Why join us?
The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A fundraising with MMC Ventures.
To support us with our ambitious goals, we are now looking for an exceptional Head of Product Marketing to join our Marketing team, reporting into the VP Marketing to build out and manage the Product Marketing function at Snowplow. We need someone who has the vision to create something amazing, with the ability to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done.
As the Head of Product Marketing, you’ll be instrumental in steering our product positioning, messaging and communications across our online and offline assets. You’ll work closely with Marketing, Product, Customer and Sales to help shape our product definition, positioning and messaging and develop marketing materials and campaign initiatives to both win new business and service existing customers. You will help to identify new targets and markets and work closely with the head of demand marketing to drive campaigns and business growth.
We’re an ambitious, enthusiastic team and are looking for someone to join us who wants to combine a mixture of creative thinking, technical expertise and product marketing experience.
What you’ll be doing
- Own and build out the Product Marketing function and team, initially managing one line report (our existing Product Marketer).
- Be the expert of our buyers and their behaviours, identifying market patterns and opportunities and industry trends and turning challenges into meaningful value-propositions.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the data and analytics space, Snowplow’s position in the market and analyse the competition and monitor market and competitive shifts.
- Drive TAM & TSM research.
- Work closely with Product, Sales and Marketing to refine our ICP into a robust market segmentation, using this to inform product positioning, packaging and pricing.
- Drive compelling collateral and be part of the Snowplow team that creates and develops thought leadership to drive our business forward.
- Work with the VP Sales and the rest of the Sales team on sales enablement to drive new adoption of Snowplow.
- Work with the Demand Gen team within Marketing to ensure that we have clear, compelling product messaging across our estate.
- Work with Product on planning and executing successful product launches, ensuring new feature representation on our website and other marketing assets.
- Work with Customer to drive upsell and uplift from existing customers.
- Collaborate with the wider Marketing team on go-to-market strategies and tactical campaigns.
- Analyse and understand customer pain points and define use cases and solutions across key verticals.
We’d love to hear from you if
- The idea of working for a growing startup excites you.
- You have 5+ years of product marketing experience, ideally in a SaaS or technology solution setting.
- You have experience with enterprise marketing and selling.
- You have a strong technical background (a must) and a passion for data and analytics is a plus.
- You have extensive experience releasing technical products to new and existing markets and verticals.
- You enjoy working cross-functionally and have experience working with product, sales and customer success teams.
- You have a deep understanding of technical audiences within the market, you are able to communicate with engineers, analysts, PMs, CDOs and similar positions.
- You are adaptable and don’t mind working in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment.
- You have built, led and developed a growing team.
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive package, including share options
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
- Employee Assistance Program with Health Assured which includes 6 therapy sessions per issue.
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- MacBook or Dell laptop
- Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.