Head of Sales Operations
London or remote (UTC -1 to UTC +3)
The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A fundraising with MMC Ventures.
To support us with our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a Sales Operations leader to do the same for our business and sales teams. And, as the first hire into this role, you will have the exciting and unique opportunity to help define how this function will develop and scale at Snowplow.
This role reports directly into our VP of Sales, sits in our sales team and works closely with our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and other leaders in the business.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced environment, developing a deep understanding of how companies architect their data stack, and helping companies use data to drive business decisions then we would love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing:
- Cracking the puzzle of building predictable and meaningful sales growth in a COVID-19 world.
- Building a repeatable operational playbook that will arm our sales teams with the right tools and the correct processes for hyper-growth.
- Integrating our sales efforts into a broader ‘sandwich strategy’, underpinned by significant bottom-up product- and community-led growth efforts targeted at the core contributors in the data team.
- Supporting and driving our go-to-market pivot from a horizontal playbook to one focused on the few verticals and business models expected to do better in a COVID-19 world.
- Continually defining and optimising our most important growth metrics - ongoing responsibility for board packs, funnel analysis, reporting, measuring and tracking key KPIs.
- Owning the master sales model and leading our key scaling projects such as customer segmentation analysis, territory design, revenue forecasting, capacity management and sales planning.
- Developing, implementing and integrating best-in-class tooling and continuing to improve our CRM and sales systems - with strong dashboards and data sharing to support our SLT today and sales leaders tomorrow.
- Helping drive our go-to-market strategy through guiding our pricing and packaging strategy.
- Building out our first sales enablement program - and set up our existing and future reps for success through robust onboarding, training and development, and coaching programmes.
- Drawing funnel insight and using this to iterate and improve conversion rates across the funnel and selling effectiveness and productivity.
- Conducting QBRs and driving the insight to support future quarters.
- Operate cross-functionally with our partners in marketing, customer success, business operations/finance, product and recruitment.
- Once the foundation is laid, building out a full scale sales operations function to support our continued growth.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a sales operations and enablement leader at a high growth or scale up company that has gone from $5 million to $30 million+ in ARR very quickly
- Experience in a sales motion that is SaaS based and targeted at mid-sized and enterprise customers
- Deep knowledge of different sales methodologies and the ability to integrate these into simple but rigorous processes
- Ownership of key operational playbooks and the ability to know when to use them, how to adjust them, and when to completely throw them out and rebuild something new
- Strong organisational and collaborative communication skills that allows this person to work and influence cross-functionally and quarterback key projects
- Data-driven and scientific commercial mindset that allows this person to validate or disprove assumptions on how to grow the business
- Self motivated and able to prioritise and manage a myriad of projects with strong OKR prioritisation
What you’ll get in return.
- A competitive package, including share options
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- Freedom to work from wherever suits you best.
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
- Employee Assistance Program with Health Assured which includes therapy sessions.
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- MacBook or Dell laptop
- Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.