About this job
Information Technology, Recruiting, Technology Staffing
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time
Employees can also work full time from this office.
- Full stack Java developer who can perform back end and front-end work.
- Frontend will be working with AngularJS
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, including EC2 or Azure.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a fast-paced culture that promotes the development of new ideas in an innovative environment. This candidate must be customer focused, have excellent time management, communication, leadership, and follow-up skills. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology on internet-based mapping applications used throughout the country.
Number of Years Experience Required:
- 7-10 year's experience in the Information Technology industry.
- 7 year's experience as an application developer.
- 7 year's experience in Java-based Object-Oriented Development (OOD).
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math is preferred.
Technical Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX environment is a must.
- Hands-on Experience with most of the following technologies and frameworks are a must: Hibernate/JPA, PostgreSQL, Maven, JSON, XML, CDI, other open source tools and frameworks.
- Quarkus is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in developing web services, particularly RESTFul.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud computing platforms, including EC2 or Azure.
- Internationalization experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with containerization, including Docker or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Kafka is a plus.
- Strong math skills a plus.
- Exposure to GIS environment is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Geographical System (GIS) software a plus: Geotools, PostGIS and/or Oracle spatial preferred.
- Experience with web-enabling technologies to enhance input to an output from geographical displays is a plus.
- Shell scripting.