Thycotic is looking for a hands-on Lead Automation Engineer to manage a team of Automation Engineers using a Selenium-based framework for creating and running automated tests in an Azure DevOps pipeline environment. The Automation Team Lead will coordinate, communicate, and program changes to the automation test framework to ensure shared use and consistency among multiple software products. The Automation Team Lead will hire, train, and manage a team of automation engineers, guiding the team in best practices for optimizing and maintaining highly resilient tests for Thycotic’s software products.
This is a remote/telecommute position based out of your home office. Reports to the Vice President of Software Development.
- Program revisions and enhancements to an in-house automation tool written in C#, based on Selenium, striking the optimal balance of tool features with test case requirements.
- Become the technical expert on creating automated test cases that efficiently re-use test cases and steps.
- Implement the execution of automated test cases using Azure DevOps pipeline processes.
- Identify automation gaps and drive requirements for new test tools and/or test frameworks.
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to build/improve automation solutions that support Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Thycotic software product suite and its configurations in order to create optimized, efficient features within the test framework.
- Lead analyst to debug in house automation tool operation.
- Lead analyst to debug, correct, and maintain automated test case failures.
- Code review automated test cases for consistency, re-use, and resiliency.
- As part of Azure DevOps pipeline process, create automated test results reports that identify passes and failures.
- Document and train QA and development teams on automation framework and pipeline execution.
- Lead off-shore and near shore automation team in identifying and designing the most efficient cases and workflows for high quality, rapid software release.
- Hands on ability to design resilient test cases and workflows that employ high re-use and require low maintenance.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Expert in automation coding using Selenium in C#.
- 3+ years of full-time work experience managing test automation projects.
- 3+ years of full-time work experience managing a team of technicians focused on test automation.
- Hands on experience with Azure DevOps pipelines or other CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Working experience with test case management repositories like Microsoft Azure Test Plans.
- Experience with full life cycle software development including unit and software integration testing, and configuration management.
- Solid experience generating, implementing, and training team members on best practices for test case re-use and shared steps for rapid test automation.
- Ability to work flexible hours to communicate and interact with USA-based, off-shore, and near-shore technical teams.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Excellent English verbal and written language skill.