About this job
Accounting Software, Banking, Financial Technology
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time
Employees can also work full time from this office.
Autobooks works hard to make small business banking simple. Through our partnerships with banks and credit unions, small business owners have access to a modern suite of financial tools that makes running a business easier!
When you join Autobooks, you're joining a team dedicated to small business growth. We want your ideas, passion and experience to continue improving what we offer.
Our downtown Detroit HQ is in the vibrant Madison building, named one of the World's Coolest Offices by Inc. Magazine. Autobooks also has a growing presence in Texas with a satellite office in Austin; and offers flexible, remote work environments for certain roles.
Ready to help change what it means to do small business? Let's talk.
TheRole: Lead Software Engineer (.Net&SQL)
Within this role at Autobooks you will be a participant in the design of highly-scalable web applications that run non-stop around the world. You will manage and lead a team of developers You will utilize the latest development tools and technologies and follow agile processes and practices to deliver solutions to Financial Institutions, their small business customers, and the customers of those SMBs.
A successful candidate for this role will have leadership, communication, and analytical skills, be highly fluent in design and development of large multi-tier systems, and possess a strong desire to tackle complex business problems with creative solutions. If you are that go-to person who is relied upon to get it done when it matters the most, we want to talk to you!
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision
- You’ll partner with peers throughout the organization to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy
- Partner with clients and technology partners and lead the technical designs for projects
- Manage high-performing, agile software teams in a rapidly growing organization
- Leveraging your background, actively contributing to technical discussions and strategy
- Delegate tasks to engineers
- Gauge progress of various projects
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Designing, coding, and supporting leading-edge financial management web and mobile applications
- Designing, developing, and enhancing large transactional and reporting based DBs
- Designing and implementing improvements to the performance, usability, scalability, and maintainability of our software products
- Mentoring and coaching less experienced/skilled team members
- Influencing future technical direction
- Communicating effectively with team members, customers, and audiences of all technical levels
- Continuous improvement to processes and practices with new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies
- Handling periodic on-call duty and out-of-band requests
- BS/MS Computer Science or related field, and/or relevant work experience
- Working knowledge and belief in Agile values and principles
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative style with team members, stakeholders, and customers
- Ability to lead through influence, mentoring, discussion, and example rather than relying on authority
- Experience with C#, .NET Core, and .NET framework.
- Experience with relational database design and implementation using MS SQL Server and ORM’s, preferably EF Core
- Experience in developing multi-tier enterprise class web applications
- Experience in development of automated unit, component, and integration testing
- Experience with automated builds and use of Agile or Scrum process template.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Working knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with TDD and large-scale refactoring
- Experience with DB performance troubleshooting and optimization experience is a bonus