Are you passionate about developing products and integrating these products with different systems using the latest technologies? Hobsons is seeking a talented and energetic Lead Software Engineer to join our team in Arlington, VA. The role will suit a self-motivated technology leader, who has 8+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of product delivery. The Lead Software Engineer at Hobsons will be involved in significant development projects for our market-leading K-12 SaaS product. Your work will focus on developing applications using various cutting-edge technologies following an Agile process.
- Modernize, design, develop, and test software components using Node.js, React, and AWS cloud-native technologies;
- Collaborate with Architects and other team members to incorporate the best practices and innovations into our products to help to set the team technical direction and ensure it aligns with the larger organizational technology strategy;
- Play the role of a team or technical lead, guiding the work of other team members and leading technically excellent work;
- Collaborate closely with product managers and user experience during discovery, design, and development;
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products in the education space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, or other relevant disciplines;
8+ years of experience in developing software product solutions;
- Thorough knowledge of modern AWS cloud-native technology tools, languages and programs; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
Proactive sense of urgency and can-do attitude.