Lead Software Engineer (Java)
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer - Backend
Department: Information Technology
Job Last Reviewed: Aug 2021
Job Summary: The Backend Technical Lead will be actively involved in leading the design, development and support of backend systems within Wawa. As a technical lead in a given area, this role would work with appropriate product owners to define and design solutions to meet the business needs while working with and mentoring a team to implement the solution and ensure it continues to meet expectations.
· Operate as a key technical resource in an agile team, working with product owners and other team members to design and implement features that meet the business and technical requirements.
· Provide a leadership and mentoring role for other team members to continually improve the team and ensure that individuals grow with the organization.
· Complete technical designs as required that provide a detailed view of a solution and a solution ecosystem that can then be implemented and evolve as business and technical needs change.
· Decompose abstract business features into associated stories with the product owner to implement with the team using agile delivery.
· Define RESTful APIs and Domain Events using industry standards.
· Apply DevOps techniques to deliver code quickly and securely in a cloud-based PCI environment.
· Work with team members to define and implement test plans and automation using techniques like TDD and BDD.
· Operate in a cloud-based PCI regulated environment and collaborate with other teams to ensure security and security standards are always considered with every change.
· Participate in community of practice with other engineers to help drive the technical roadmap of the organization.
· Be responsible for ensuring performance metrics are maintained and performance SLAs are met. This includes designing and implementing performance test automation.
· Be responsible for monitoring and observability of owned systems including monitoring for abnormalities and alerting.
· Collaborating with L1/L2/L3 teams to drive a resolution and root cause analysis.
· Ensure all documentation is up to date to support teams and systems including designs, runbooks and developer guides.
· Stay up to date with relevant technologies and software development trends.
· Evaluate tools and platforms for fit and ensure the tools and platforms are supported and approved for use within Wawa.
← Back to jobs